Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 14: Checkpoint Sunchip

Ugh.

Saturday, I was sure I was on the right track. Down three pounds, just needed to get one more off before Sunday and I could claim "2 lbs a week on the junk food diet!"

No such luck. Up a pound and not sure why. Wii fit has a little quiz if you gain weight asking if you partook of various naughty activities. Then, on your chart, the dot for that day is a different color. If you roll over it you get your message to yourself about what you did wrong. I didn't use that tool very well, and have a lot of "I don't know"s. What I wanted to say was "I have no freaking clue how I can feel like I'm starving and not lose weight! AND ITS NOT MUSCLE!!! AARRRGGGG!!!"

ok, I'm better now.

So, Sunday weigh in and I'm only down 2.2 points total for the two weeks since I began this experiment. Technically, that's within the 1-2 pounds a week of healthy weight loss. So, I figure I just need to get a little more intense and make a few adjustments.

1. Do the more intense routine on wii fit. No more stepping while watching netflix. I also need to take a few of the tools more seriously, like the weight-gain-excuse-quiz.

2. Log my food better. Originally I was going to do that here, but as people have told me they enjoy this blog, I've wanted to stay entertaining and not bore you with my menu. Unfortunately for you, dear reader, I need to really look at what I'm eating. I think I'm probably sneaking in larger snack portions.

3. Really, really try not to eat at night. That's one of the tidbits of info my little scale friend told me and its something I know I'm really bad at. Its just so relaxing to chill in front of Eureka or Sanctuary or Top Chef with a nice bag of Sunchips. But they are the enemy, at least after 8pm.

So, I'll start with that and see how the next two weeks go. Of course, this week work is CRAZY and I'm not sure how I'm going to fit in the exercise part. I may have to take a hiatus and then start my clock next Sunday. If I get to bed now, maybe I can sneak in four hours of sleep and have time to get everything done...

I've heard that getting more sleep actually is better for weight loss, but it was related to sleeping less and eating more because you thought you were burning calories. I'll have to check that theory out too...

No comments:

Post a Comment